MPI is an alternative solution to connect to BridgerPay and allows your business to accept payments from your customers and leverage multiple payment methods using your own front-end solution
With MPI you will use your own front-end solution to collect all the information and then call the Deposit request method to process the transaction. After that, you will show the customer the appropriate web page depending on the acquirer’s response (e.g 3D secure dialog, successful or declined transaction, etc.)
MPI process diagram
1. The customer enters their information on your front-end to make a payment.
3. You initiate the transaction by calling the Create Deposit request. The header parameter is the access token, and the body parameters are the client’s information. The response will contain the following:
- status "approved", or
- status "declined", or
- status "in_process" and URL will contain the 3D Secure dialog box to confirm the payment.
4. Depending on the Payment System Provider a 3D Secure might be required in order to complete the transaction. In the case of mandatory 3DS, the customer completes 3DS, otherwise this step is skipped.
5. Approved or declined notification is sent to the merchant and the user (client) is informed about the result. Another notification is sent straight after to close the session.
The "MPI deposit request" method returns an "id" value (the transaction ID within the BridgerPay system). You can use it to request information by calling the "Get deposit by ID" method. BridgerPay will also notify you of the transaction’s outcome.